If you own multiple vehicles, whether they be cars, trucks, trailers, boats, ATVs or otherwise, you might not have all the space you need in your garage to keep them all shielded from the elements. Therefore, extra space in the form of an additional structure, such as a metal carport, could be exactly what you need to offer that protection.
There are many types of carports. You can choose from attached or detached, or from such materials as wood, metal or canvas. In all cases, they serve to protect your equipment from the weather and add some security. Here are a few of the biggest benefits associated with steel carports in Houston, TX that might make you consider getting one for your property:
- Outstanding durability: Metal, unlike wood, does not break down easily after being exposed to the elements for a long period of time. It will not buckle, rot, warp or twist. Steel can also be powder coated so it resists corrosion. You’ll never have to worry about it being gnawed apart by termites. All of this makes it an attractive option for people who want a long-lasting structure.
- Portability: It may be the most durable option, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a permanent structure! Many of today’s metal carports are extremely portable. This can be handy for if you move and want to take the carport with you, or if you regularly move vehicles from one location to another, such as moving a boat from a permanent home to a summer home.
- Easy to use and assemble: Metal carports typically also have metal framing, and depending on their size or complexity, could even be assembled by the homeowner in just a few hours, or a little longer if you use sidewalls. Those sidewalls, if used, can add extra protection from harsher weather.
- Excellent versatility: Metal carports come in a wide variety of sizes. You could get one that’s taller for RV storage, or one that’s smaller yet still large enough to cover a jet ski, ATV or snowmobile. You could even have one installed on a boat slip to cover up boats.
- Plenty of options available: You’ll also find that there are simply more options for customization available in metal carports than in wood carports. You can choose 12 or 15 gauge steel tubing, and choose sheet metal in 26 or 29 gauge, depending on where you live, the size of the structure and its configuration. You can also get metal in many different colors without even having to paint it, depending on the manufacturer.
- Cost effective: Metal is an affordable option. It can come packaged as a kit, or be customized for your property. In either case, it is an extremely effective way to get a structure that protects your equipment.
For more information about purchasing and installing steel carports in Houston, TX, contact the team at ABC Awning Company today. We look forward to answering any questions you have!